TOWN OF EXCELSIOR, SAUK COUNTY, WI
NORTH REEDSBURG ROAD ENGINEERING PROPOSAL COMMITTEE MEETING
Notice is hereby given by the Town of Excelsior that the North Reedsburg Road Engineering Proposal Review Committee will meet to review engineering proposals for the design engineering services for the reconstruction of a segment of North Reedsburg Road in the Town. The meeting will be held at the Town of Excelsior Town Hall, 100 E. Broadway St., Rock Springs, WI beginning at 5PM on Wednesday, June 14th, 2023.
The engineering proposals will be reviewed and ranked following WDOT guidelines. The Committee intends to make a recommendation regarding the selection of the engineering firm to the Town of Excelsior Town Board meeting scheduled later in the evening at 6:30PM on Wednesday, June 14th, 2023.
A quorum of the Town Board will attend this meeting. No Town business will be conducted other than the review of engineering proposals and recommendation of the engineering firm.
Posted this 8th day of June 2023
Town Hall located at 100 E. Broadway St., Rock Springs, WI
Official Town website: www.townofexcelsiorwi.gov
REMINDER GARBAGE ONLY WILL BE PICKED UP SATURDAY JUNE 3RD DUE TO MEMORIAL DAY ON MONDAY MAY 29TH. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE
Farm Technology Days
The 2023 Wisconsin Farm Technology Days show will be held at the Badger Steam & Gas Engine Club’s grounds conveniently located South of Interstate 90/94 Exit 92 near Wisconsin Dells and West of Highway 12 at Highway 33 at Baraboo. There’s plenty to see and do at the show, then plan a stop at Baraboo/Dells or stay and play at the Ho Chunk Casino nearby.
It’ll be a show to remember! Plan your visit today.
WATER WELL TESTING
Water Testing – Looking for Volunteers
The Town of Excelsior is looking for volunteers to help facilitate the Water Testing program put on by the Sauk County – UW Extensions Office. Details on the program can be found by clicking on the link above. Volunteers are essential in making this project possible.
Dates volunteers would be needed are as follows:
July 21st from 4PM to 6PM
July 22nd from 9AM to 11AM
July 24th from 7AM to 9AM and from 4PM to 6PM
Please reach out to Sandra Meyer Swanson at [email protected] or by calling 608.522.5115 to leave a message.
Notice of Meeting to Adjourn Board of Review to Later Date
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Excelsior, Sauk County
The Board of Review will meet on the 8th day of June, 2023 at 4PM CST at the Town of Excelsior’s Town Hall at 100 E. Broadway St., Rock Springs, WI 53961 for the purpose of calling the Board of Review into session during the 45-day period beginning on the 4th Monday of April, pursuant to Wis. State. 70.47(1).
Due to the fact the assessment roll is not completed at this time, the Board of Review will be adjourned until 23rd of October 2023 at 4PM CST.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board of Review (See Wis. State. 70.47(2)):
- After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board of Review’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to, a member of the Board of Review about that person’s objection except at a session of the Board of Review.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board of Review by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessments unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the Board of Review or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under Wis. State 70.47(3)(a), that person provide to the Board of Review Clerk notice as to whether the person will ask for removal under Wis. Stat. 70.47(6m)(a) and, if so, which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
- When appearing before the Board of Review, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board of Review by telephone or object to a valuation, if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method, unless the person supplies to the assessor all of the information about income and expenses that the assessor requests, unless no later than 7 days before the first meting of the Board of Review, as specified in the manual under Wis. Stat. 73.03(2a). The municipality or county shall provide by ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph and shall provide exceptions for persons using the information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or of the duties of their office or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determines that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under Wis. State. 19.35(1).
Notice is hereby given this day of May 7th, 2023 by:
Sandra Meyer Swanson
Town of Excelsior Town Clerk
Posted: Town Hall Notice Board located at 100 E. Broadway St., Rock Springs, WI 53961 and the Town’s Official Website at www.townofexcelsiorwi.gov
The Rock Springs Quarry will be blasting Wednesday May 3rd, 2023 during their permitted hours.
Town of Excelsior of Sauk County Wisconsin
A revaluation of property assessments in the Town of Excelsior shall occur for the 2023 assessment year. Please also notice property owners in Town of Excelsior, Sauk County, WI May 2023. Revaluation notices are expected to be sent to property owners May 2023. Please also notice that the Assessor has certain statutory authority to enter land as described in Wis. Stat. 943.13 and 943.15.
The ability to enter land is subject to several qualifications and limitations, as described in the statutes. Copies of the applicable statutes can be obtained at public depositories throughout the State of Wisconsin and from the State of Wisconsin Legislative Reference Bureau website (www.legis.state.wi.us/rsb/stats.html), or a copy may be obtained from the municipal clerk upon payment of application copying charges.
Notice is hereby given this 2nd day of May, 2023 by:
Sandra Meyer Swanson
Town of Excelsior Town Clerk
NOXIOUS WEEDS NOTICE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN to each person who owns, occupies or controls land in TOWN OF EXCELSIOR are required by law to destroy all noxious weed on such property before plants bloom.
The noxious weeds are:
- Canada Thistle,
- Leafy Spurge,
- Bull Thistle,
- Purple Loosestrife,
- Garlic Mustard,
- Multiflora Rose,
- Field Blindweed (commonly known as Creeping Jenny) and
- Any other weed designated as a noxious weed by the Department of Natural Resources or by ruling of the governing body of the Town of Excelsior, Sauk County or the State of Wisconsin has declared to be noxious.
Noxious weeds shall be controlled at such time and in such manner as will effectively prevent them from maturing to the bloom or flower stage as required by Section 66.0407 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
Posted at the Town Hall located at 100 E. Broadway St., Rock Springs, WI and on the Town’s official website 4/25/23
Sandra Meyer Swanson, Clerk
Town of Excelsior
Thank you to the ATV groups that helped clean up the Town of Excelsior’s roadways. Also to Brian Bender for his help on Mile Rd. You all are very much appreciated!
TOWN OF EXCELSIOR
NOTICE OF POSSIBLE QUORUM
Notice is hereby given that a quorum of the Town of Excelsior Board of Chair and Supervisors might be present for the Reedsburg Area Development Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 25th beginning at 7PM located at 134 South Locust Street, Reedsburg, WI.
Though no Town of Excelsior business will be acted on, this notice is being posted to comply with Wisconsin Open Meetings Law, which requires public notice to be given when a quorum of a governmental body may be gathered together, unless the event is for educational purposes only.
Posted this 22nd day of April 2023
Town Hall and Website
Sandra Meyer Swanson, Town Clerk